Steel thickness - .42 BMT (we can supply .48bmt product - please contact us for pricing)
Sheet cover - 762mm
Corrugated Colorbond Iron Roof Sheeting is one of the most durable, long-lasting roofing materials available and it’s virtually maintenance-free.
The sheets are pierce fixed, which ensures easy fixing by the conventional method. To ensure maximum weather protection our product has a 1.5 rib overlap.
The wide cover (762mm) allows for quick installation, saving on both materials and labour. This versatile profile can be used on a minimum roof pitch of 5 degrees.
When using the corrugated iron sheet in a wall cladding application, there is choice between 12 gauge x 25 mm timber fix screws, when fixing into timber. Othewise, 10 gauge x 16mm will do the trick when fixing into steel.These screws are shorter as they are fixed into the pan (or valley) of the corrugation.
Roof spans consider both resistance to wind pressure and light roof traffic (traffic arising from incidental maintenance).
Wall spans consider resistance to wind pressure only. To view full limit state wind pressure capacity tables please download CUSTOM ORB® and CUSTOM BLUE ORB® (1516 KB).
|Types of Span||BMT (mm)|
|Unstiffened Eaves Overhang||200||250|
|Stiffened Eaves Overhang||300||350|
Mistakes Your Roofing Contractor Should Avoid In the Installation of Corrugated Iron Roofs
There are plenty of reasons why homeowners choose corrugated iron roofs. For one, the roofing material is practically unmatched when it comes to durability, strength, energy efficiency, and resistance to fire and pests. When it comes to overall value, you will find it hard to find a roofing material that comes close to it.
However, this type of roof can perform poorly and have its long lifespan substantially reduced when it is incorrectly installed. And while many property owners have successfully installed these roofs for their home by themselves, the general consensus among roofing experts is that you should hire qualified roofing specialists.
Apart from savings in the form of time and money, professional roofing contractors can help you avoid the following mistakes:
The use of the wrong flashing
Flashing refers to the materials used to connect metal roofs with other components of your home, including vents, chimneys and skylights. The primary purpose of flashing is to ensure that the roof has a tight seal against water and moisture which can seep into your home via the gaps between the roof and other components of your property. When water enters your home via seepage, there is a possibility that the roof and other parts of your home can become damaged.
Using the wrong underlayment
Underlayment or vapour barrier material functions as another layer of defence against the seepage of water if your roof or flashing becomes damaged or compromised. It is highly recommended that a smooth and non-granulated underlayment be used for metal roofs.
Not checking the support structure
The supporting structure for the roof should provide a stable foundation. During roof replacement, your contractor should inspect the underlying structure for rot and other signs of damage before proceeding with the actual installation. If any of these signs are seen, these should be rectified prior to installation. Otherwise, there is a high possibility that water can seep beneath the roof and become damaged.
Not checking the manufacturer's instructions
Before your roofing contractor proceeds with the installation, he should check the instructions outlined by the manufacturer and follow these closely. Otherwise, there is the possibility that the warranty can become voided, which can lead to unnecessary expenses on your part.
Looking for the best deals on metal roofs? Metal Roofing Online has earned a reputation for being a trusted BlueScope Steel supplier. We offer the lowest prices and fast delivery for metal roofs and other related products.
Factors That Give Colorbond Roofing Its Superior Quality
Colorbond steel is a popular building material not only in Australia, but in other countries as well. When it comes to your roofing needs, Colorbond is the right choice for you if you’re after the best value for your money. What gives Colorbond roofing the excellent quality that it is known for?
• Twenty-two designer colour palette vis-à-vis advanced paint technology – This means that your roof can look better for much longer. This combination of gorgeous colour choices and the baked-on paint finish is a winner, creating beautiful and durable roofs. It resists chipping, cracking, and peeling, which means Colorbond steel is a perfect material not only for roofing, but guttering, walling, fencing, and other applications as well.
• Activate Technology – Colorbond steel introduced this leading coating technology, which enhances the protective coating of its substrate, making the material one of the world’s most robust options for various building needs. It’s not only a matter of durability. Activate Technology also makes Colorbond the sustainable choice. The increased lifespan contributes to the greenness of the product, but more than that, the brand also uses fewer metal resources, which all in all creates a smaller environmental footprint than other roofing sheets in the market.
• Thermatech Technology – Being green is good, but being cost-efficient makes it even better. This technology works to reduce your home’s energy load. You can be comfortable without relying so heavily on air-conditioning. Ultimately, it also reduces your utility bills.
• Trials and tests – The long lifespan of Colorbond roofing can be attributed to the tests the brand has conducted and continues to carry out to ensure that the material can withstand Australia’s harshest and toughest conditions. The manufacturer has testing sites throughout the country, making sure that its product is ideal for homes across Australia. For instance, Colorbond has Ultra Steel and its Stainless lines, which make great roofing for coastal and industrial areas. The colour palette, of course, provides excellent choices for each of the different regions.
• Warranties – BlueScope offers greater warranty periods for Colorbond steel, thanks to the superior performance and increased lifespan that Activate Technology delivers. This is a very reassuring guarantee.
It is evident that BlueScope has worked hard to bring to the market an exceptional building material and the above are just some of the elements that contribute to the level of quality Colorbond has.