Steel thickness - .42 BMT (we can supply .48bmt product - please contact us for pricing)
Sheet cover - 762mm
Corrugated Colorbond Iron Roof Sheeting is one of the most durable, long-lasting roofing materials available and it’s virtually maintenance-free.
The sheets are pierce fixed, which ensures easy fixing by the conventional method. To ensure maximum weather protection our product has a 1.5 rib overlap.
The wide cover (762mm) allows for quick installation, saving on both materials and labour. This versatile profile can be used on a minimum roof pitch of 5 degrees.
When using the corrugated iron sheet in a wall cladding application, there is choice between 12 gauge x 25 mm timber fix screws, when fixing into timber. Othewise, 10 gauge x 16mm will do the trick when fixing into steel.These screws are shorter as they are fixed into the pan (or valley) of the corrugation.
Roof spans consider both resistance to wind pressure and light roof traffic (traffic arising from incidental maintenance).
Wall spans consider resistance to wind pressure only. To view full limit state wind pressure capacity tables please download CUSTOM ORB® and CUSTOM BLUE ORB® (1516 KB).
|Types of Span||BMT (mm)|
|Unstiffened Eaves Overhang||200||250|
|Stiffened Eaves Overhang||300||350|
Seven of the Best Advantages You Get from Colorbond Roofing
Choosing the best roofing material for your home can provide you great benefits. Therefore, don’t be hasty with selection – study all of your options well and compare them against each other to determine which of them will not only meet your requirements, but also provide you other advantages.
When it comes to popular roofing options, Colorbond roofing always manages to top lists, and the following are the reasons why:
• It’s so durable, you can even expect it to outlast the other building materials used on your home. How about that for giving you incredibly good value for a rather affordable price (especially if you purchase the product online, where it’s offered at discounted prices)? Colorbond roofing, in tests, has consistently outperformed other popular choices.
• It doesn’t morph in appearance. You can really save a lot of money by avoiding frequent paint touch-ups for your roof because Colorbond roofing’s colour is not going to fade or chip off in the harshest conditions (which is what happens to other brands).
• It can keep interior temperatures down – especially if you opt for white Colorbond roofing which reflects light and heat a lot better than other colours. This is a huge advantage in Australia where a lot of areas get unbearably hot during the day, especially during the summer.
• It will allow you to save on energy. Since it can contribute to maintaining an ideal interior temperature, your HVAC system won’t have to work so hard and consume more energy. Less energy consumption means more financial savings for the household.
• There are options within the Colorbond roofing line that are known to be completely fire-resistant. This means your home gets added protection and is less likely to burn down easily should a fire happen.
• Colorbond roofing’s unique technology allows the roofing material to serve as a sound barrier for the building. Exterior noise heard in the home is reduced by a few decibels more compared to other roofing options.
• It comes in a range of colours that really go well with Australian homes. If you wish for your house to stand out, there are different vibrant hues to choose from, and if you want to your roof to blend beautifully into the foliage and landscape of your area, there are natural hues to meet your aesthetic preference.
With all of these advantages, it truly is no wonder Colorbond roofing has become Australia’s top choice. Colorbond roofing effectively meets everyone’s requirements, and provides even more value.
Mistakes Your Roofing Contractor Should Avoid In the Installation of Corrugated Iron Roofs
There are plenty of reasons why homeowners choose corrugated iron roofs. For one, the roofing material is practically unmatched when it comes to durability, strength, energy efficiency, and resistance to fire and pests. When it comes to overall value, you will find it hard to find a roofing material that comes close to it.
However, this type of roof can perform poorly and have its long lifespan substantially reduced when it is incorrectly installed. And while many property owners have successfully installed these roofs for their home by themselves, the general consensus among roofing experts is that you should hire qualified roofing specialists.
Apart from savings in the form of time and money, professional roofing contractors can help you avoid the following mistakes:
The use of the wrong flashing
Flashing refers to the materials used to connect metal roofs with other components of your home, including vents, chimneys and skylights. The primary purpose of flashing is to ensure that the roof has a tight seal against water and moisture which can seep into your home via the gaps between the roof and other components of your property. When water enters your home via seepage, there is a possibility that the roof and other parts of your home can become damaged.
Using the wrong underlayment
Underlayment or vapour barrier material functions as another layer of defence against the seepage of water if your roof or flashing becomes damaged or compromised. It is highly recommended that a smooth and non-granulated underlayment be used for metal roofs.
Not checking the support structure
The supporting structure for the roof should provide a stable foundation. During roof replacement, your contractor should inspect the underlying structure for rot and other signs of damage before proceeding with the actual installation. If any of these signs are seen, these should be rectified prior to installation. Otherwise, there is a high possibility that water can seep beneath the roof and become damaged.
Not checking the manufacturer's instructions
Before your roofing contractor proceeds with the installation, he should check the instructions outlined by the manufacturer and follow these closely. Otherwise, there is the possibility that the warranty can become voided, which can lead to unnecessary expenses on your part.
Looking for the best deals on metal roofs? Metal Roofing Online has earned a reputation for being a trusted BlueScope Steel supplier. We offer the lowest prices and fast delivery for metal roofs and other related products.