Steel thickness - .48 BMT ZINCALUME® Roofing Sheets
Sheet cover - 762mm
Among the world’s most popular metal roofing products due to its high quality and versatility, these corrugated iron roofing panels are suitable for traditional and contemporary roofing projects alike. Corrugated Zincalume Iron Roof Sheeting is one of the most durable, long-lasting roofing materials available and it’s virtually maintenance-free.
The Zincalume corrugated iron is made in Australia usiong Bluescope Steel. Made from hi-tensile steel this profile whilst strong is also lightweight which minimises sheet damage. It Can be used in both roofing and walling applications.
The wide cover (762mm) allows for quick installation, saving on both materials and labour. This versatile profile can be used on a minimum roof pitch of 5 degrees.
Corrugated sheeting is pierce fixed which ensures easy fixing by the conventional method. To ensure maximum weather protection our Corrugated has a 1.5 rib overlap.
Walking on Roofs.
When walking on metal roof, particular attention should be paid -
Always wear soft soled shoes! Avoid the ribbed types that pick up and hold small stones and metal waste as these could scratch the surface of the sheets.
On pitched roofs over 25˚ protection against falling should be provided by way of safety harness, perimeter edge protection or safety wire mesh.
All care should be taken to make sure any moisture has evaporated, especially on cool early mornings.
RECOMMENDED FIXING METHOD
Use fasteners complying with AS 3566 Class 3.
Roofing into Timber Battens: Use 12 Gauge x 50mm Multifix screws
Roofing in Steel Purlins: Use 12 Gauge x 50mm Multifix screws (approx 6 per m2)
Wall Cladding into Timber Battens: Use 12 Gauge x 25mm Hex Head screws
Wall Cladding into Steel Purlins: Use 10 Gauge x 16mm Hex Head screws (approx 5 per m2)
Other useful information:
◦ Corrugated Zincalume metal roofing sheets are a popular choice for roofing on structures throughout Australia and beyond.
◦ Corrugated roofing sheets are highly resistant to scuffs and scratches during the installation process after installation. Zincalume also coats their roofing sheets with a special, highly tested material that extends the lifespan of the product, while also improving performance, including in extreme marine environments, which tend to be very testing for metals in general.
◦ In addition to use in extreme marine environments, corrugated metal roofing sheets can be used in industrial settings and in highly corrosive environments.
◦ Metal roofing sheets like Corrugated Zincalume Next Generation are ideal for projects that require a long-lasting roofing solution, as metal roofs are said to last for up to 100 years, whereas tiled roofs tend to require lots of repairs, particularly in extreme environments where there's lots of rainfall, wind and exposure to corrosive elements.
◦ Corrugated Zincalume is also resistant to damage from pests, such as birds, insects and animals. Metal corrugated roofing sheets will not develop green streaks due to algae either, so there's no need to clean o replace the metal roofing if it's situated in a damp area. Metal roofing sheets are also more fire resistant, making them ideal for locations that are prone to wildfires or buildings and structures that must meet stringent fire codes.
◦ In addition, Corrugated Zincalume and other forms of metal sheets are more lightweight than their tile and asphalt roofing counterparts. Plus, corrugated metal roofs are typically much less expensive in the long term, as they're much less likely to leak and damage is uncommon and typically limited to denting from hail storms.
◦ Corrugated Zincalume roof sheets are also very flexible, and they can be painted in a wide range of different colors, making them ideal for a vast array of different construction projects.
◦ Sometimes known as Custom Orb --- a popular brand of iron roof sheeting --- this option is popular throughout Australia. At Metal Roofing Online, we provide custom sheet cutting services for clients who require a specialized length for their building project.
◦ The sheets can also be cut with tin snips or a metal cutting blade installed on a circular saw.
◦ At Metal Roofing Online, you'll find great prices on Corrugated Zincalume metal roofing sheets for your next construction project or roof upgrade project. Our expert staff are available to answer your questions or address any concerns you may have concerning this or any other metal roofing products that appear on our website.
ZINCALUME®- The best option for your property.
If you are looking for a perfect roof for your property then the best and most popular available to you is ZINCALUME® which is known to be the latest addition to the roofing industry. It is a very durable roofing material that offers strength, durability and aesthetics to your roof while making it stronger and long lasting so that you will not have to replace it in near future. Hence you can purchase your ZINCALUME® roofing from Metal Roofing Online if you want to enjoy a host of benefits of a wonderful roofing material that will protect your property from adverse weather conditions. ZINCALUME® is the metallic coated steel sheet that is widely used for roofing of residential and commercial properties as is resistance to corrosion, rust, fire, hurricane and mold growth. This aluminium zinc coating is the best product for building your roof as it helps in keeping the safety of your property intact while offering aesthetics and functional benefits. Trusted blue scope steel is low maintenance option as you will not have to spend money on the repairs and replacement of the roofing system. When your roof is durable and sturdy, you will not have to worry about structural deterioration as your property will be safe from every environmental factor. You can enjoy easy and secure online ordering and fast delivery with lowest prices guaranteed so that your home will be protected from environmental damages. You can get a wide variety of design, style and size of roof made with ZINCALUME® so that you can select the option that is most appropriate for your property as the roof will last for many years while adding beauty and elegance to your property. The performance of this roof helps in protecting your property so that it can withstand extreme weather conditions while making use of the best steel for longer durability and stability.