BlueScope warrants the steel material used to produce your roll-formed steel building products in certain applications and is subject to meeting several conditions. This covers the likes of COLORBOND® steel, ZINCALUME® steel, TRUECORE® steel and GALVASPAN® steel.BlueScope Material Warranties must be applied online via the BlueScope Warranty Management System.
Next generation ZINCALUME® aluminium/zinc/magnesium alloy coated steel complies with AS 1397:2011 G550, AM125 (550 MPa minimum yield stress, 125g/m2 minimum coating mass).
METAL AND TIMBER COMPATIBILITY
Certain compounds can harm coated steel items when they come into contact with (or runoff from). Condensation can occur inside buildings on interior surfaces. Some metals, treated wood, and chemicals are among the materials.
• Prevent coated steel items from coming into contact with any unsuitable materials.
• Prevent rainwater from incompatible materials from dripping onto coated steel goods.
• Verify that any supporting components are either adequately coated or compatible with the coated steel items. Consult our information line for guidance if there are any questions regarding the compatibility of other used items. These materials are incompatible: Lead, copper, bare steel, monel metal, and stainless steel (apart from SUPERDURATM) Carbon (found in pencils and some rubbers), stainless steel cladding, green or chemically treated wood, and some rubbers (like CCA or tanalith treatments)
• Materials with a high moisture content or those that experience dry-wet cycles (such as improperly-seasoned timber)
• Concrete, whether wet and dry
• Vegetable matter; soils
• any substance that will prevent regular exposure to the atmosphere, such as cleaning agents (such as brick cleaning);
Setting another industry benchmark, cutting-edge Zincalume steel fulfils the developing needs of a changing assembled condition for solidness, strength, and manageability, giving you the certainty to make for quite a long time. Zincalume steel's licensed Activate innovation brings magnesium into the aluminium-zinc composite covering, improving galvanic insurance by initiating the aluminium. The outcome is a harder defensive covering that is increasingly impervious to scratches and scrapes experienced during development. From its dispatch in August 2013, material applications produced using cutting-edge Zincalume steel will be supported by a guarantee of as long as 36 years, including guarantees nearer to marine conditions. Zincalume steel is made distinctly by BlueScope Steel and will be distinguished by its image mark, which is imprinted on the steel. Check for the brand and you can make sure it meets AS1397 and the "esteemed to fulfill" prerequisites of the Building Code of Australia (BCA) for material and walling applications. Determine effectively by name Zincalume steel AM125.